[Gmod-gbrowse] snapshot / cgisess.db
Christelle Dantec
2016-12-15 08:25:15 UTC
Hello

We are migrating our gbrowse (http://www.aniseed.cnrs.fr) on a new
server.
Eveything went well, except for snapshots of users that no longer
appear.

It seems that all information are registered in cgisess.db, but if I
transfer this file on the new server, Snapshot doesn't appear.

Do you know how I can processed to make visible the snapshot?

Thanks for any suggestion

Best

Chris
Christelle Dantec
2016-12-16 22:27:17 UTC
Hello,

No suggestion, idea...?
Do you know if this procedure is correct and should work, or should I
proceed in a different way?

thanks by advance for your help

Chris
Scott Cain
2016-12-19 19:29:03 UTC
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, what you were trying is exactly what I would suggest, and if
"feels" like that should work. I don't recall trying this on my own
before, so I can't say that it necessarily should work. The only thing
that occurs to me is that CGI::Session can have different database
backends, so you should make sure that the type of the backend is the same,
and the version of that backend is the same as well.

Good luck!
Scott

Post by Christelle Dantec
Hello
We are migrating our gbrowse (http://www.aniseed.cnrs.fr) on a new
server.
Eveything went well, except for snapshots of users that no longer
appear.
It seems that all information are registered in cgisess.db, but if I
transfer this file on the new server, Snapshot doesn't appear.
Do you know how I can processed to make visible the snapshot?
Thanks for any suggestion
Best
Chris
Scott Cain, Ph. D. scott at scottcain dot
net
GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/) 216-392-3087
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research