[Gmod-gbrowse] allele density
jinal jhaveri
2004-02-05 05:11:37 UTC
<BODY><P>If I want to display the SNP's density (SNPS/500k), I made a following GFF entry</P>
<P>chr1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; example my_frequency&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 250&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;250&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 100&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My_Feature s14</P>
<P>Where I wanted that at position 250 , there are 100 snps in the 500k region around the position 250.</P>
<P>My .conf entry for this looks like following!</P>
<P>[frequencyplot]<BR>feature&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = my_frequency<BR>glyph&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = xyplot<BR>graph_type&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = boxes<BR>scale&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = right<BR>bgcolor&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = blue<BR>fgcolor&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = blue<BR>max_score&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = 260<BR>height&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = 35<BR>key&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = SNPs/500k<BR></P>
<P>But apparently I am not getting the results I want (same as <A href="http://www.hapmap.org/cgi-perl/gbrowse/gbrowse/hapmap?name=Chr11">http://www.hapmap.org/cgi-perl/gbrowse/gbrowse/hapmap?name=Chr11</A>). Is my glyph selection wrong? Can anyone help me with the params?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>thanks a ton</P>
<P>--Jinal</P></BODY>
Scott Cain
2004-02-05 14:26:34 UTC
Hi Jinal,

I'm not familiar with the hapmap data or conf, but I'll still take a
shot at this: when you say you are not getting the results you where
looking for, you didn't say what you where looking for or what you saw.
I suspect that you need an aggregator to collect all of the my_frequency
features to plot them (I take it that you have several more lines of
this type, right?) If so, they all will need to have the same group
name (ie, My_Feature s14), for a given chromosome/contig. Then you can
add to your conf file:

aggregators = snp_freq{my_frequency}

and change your track conf to:

[frequencyplot]
feature = snp_freq
glyph = xyplot
graph_type = boxes
scale = right
bgcolor = blue
fgcolor = blue
max_score = 260
height = 35
key = SNPs/500k

Note that if you want it in the overview like hapmap, you need to change
the part in the '[]' to [frequencyplot:overview]

Does that help? If not you may also want to take a look at the tutorial
included with gbrowse at http://localhost/gbrowse/tutorial/tutorial.html
where there is a section about quantitative data.

Scott
Post by jinal jhaveri
If I want to display the SNP's density (SNPS/500k), I made a following
GFF entry
chr1 example my_frequency 250 250 100 +
. My_Feature s14
Where I wanted that at position 250 , there are 100 snps in the 500k
region around the position 250.
My .conf entry for this looks like following!
[frequencyplot]
feature = my_frequency
glyph = xyplot
graph_type = boxes
scale = right
bgcolor = blue
fgcolor = blue
max_score = 260
height = 35
key = SNPs/500k
But apparently I am not getting the results I want (same as
http://www.hapmap.org/cgi-perl/gbrowse/gbrowse/hapmap?name=Chr11). Is
my glyph selection wrong? Can anyone help me with the params?
thanks a ton
--Jinal
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Lincoln Stein
2004-02-06 09:24:27 UTC

This is the right advice. Jinal, if you still have trouble getting
this work please write back.

Lincoln
Post by jinal jhaveri
[...]
Lincoln D. Stein